Culture Resource announces the call for applications for the position of Communications and Media Manager.
The Communications and Media Manager will support the Managing Director of Culture Resource in expanding and diversifying beneficiaries from Culture Resource programs; broadening interest in Culture Resource’s work and services; and for increasing public awareness of its activities and achievements. S/he will be expected to develop and expand the organization’s media tools to achieve targets and promote the organization’s overall goals. The Communications and Media Manager will also contribute to the development of the organization’s communication approaches, while aiming to enhance Culture REsource’s image and activities.
EXPERIENCES & PERSONAL SKILLS
This post falls under the supervision of the Managing Director. Eligible applicants should have the following qualifications:
- A university degree in literature, media studies, cultural management, marketing or business administration;
- A minimum of five years work experience in the field of communications and media;
- Strong understanding of the media scene in the Arab region, especially in the field of cultural journalism;
- In-depth knowledge of the field of Arab culture and cultural developments and events;
- Expertise in electronic publication technologies and the ability to manage and update websites;
- Fluency in English and Arabic. A proficiency in French is a plus;
- An excellent ability to utilise and organise one’s time effectively while maintaining a high capacity to work under pressure;
- Skill and expertise in writing news reports, press statements and articles in both Arabic and English.
This position is based in Beirut and interested applicants must have a legal working permit to work in Lebanon.
The responsibilities of the Communications and Media Manager include the following:
- Promote the organisation, its programs and the outputs of its work as extensively as possible and in a manner consistent with the aims of the organisation and the aims of its programs;
- Prepare the annual media plans and strategies for the organisation, including budget;
- Supervise, monitor and systematically update the organisation’s website;
- Publish a periodic e-bulletin on the activities of the organisation;
- Supervise the production of promotional publications and films for the organisation and its work;
- Design and oversee the execution of media campaigns for the organisation;
- Oversee the maintenance of the organisation’s media archive and all audiovisual materials;
- Issue regular press releases regarding the organisation and its activities;
- Communicate and coordinate with media organisations and institutions in the region and elsewhere, and continually update our database of these entities;
- Organise activities and events as required by the organisation in order to profile its work and broaden its contacts;
- Participate in the implementation of the general plan of the organisation.
Applications for the post of Communications and Media Manager must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and received by no later than 30 June . Applications should include the following:
1- A detailed CV listing the applicant’s employment history (in reverse chronological order), including all all relevant skills and language proficiencies.
2- A cover letter explaining at some length why the applicant decided to apply for this position and the reasons why he/she is interested in working with the Culture Resource.
3- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport.
ABOUT CULTURE RESOURCE
Culture Resource is one of the largest independent cultural organizations in the Arab region and works in three main areas:
- Supporting artists, writers and emerging cultural institutions in the Arab region;
- Improving the conditions of cultural work politically, legislatively and economically;
- And, presenting and promoting important creative works to the Arab public.
Founded in 2004, the work of Culture Resource is overseen by a General Assembly, consisting of 30 members from 13 Arab countries, which votes for the Artistic Board every three years. The organization continuously aims to broaden the circle of those benefitting from its services and to effectively respond to political, social and cultural changes in the region. As a result of its activities and services over the years, Culture Resource has been able to support the work of over 900 artists, writers, and cultural managers through its services and engage with hundreds of thousands of audience members in the region through the various public events it organizes, including theatre and music. Consequently, Culture Resource represents one of the most successful experiments in civil society work in culture in the region and has earned great respect at both the regional and international level.