Mawa3eed Grantees of the December 2013 round
- Atabet Fann for Arts, Media and Training (Palestine) received a grant to support the travel of three artists from Palestine and Alexandria to Jordan to implement a project to make puppets using the household waste in “Al Talebeya” camp for Palestinian refugees in cooperation with the local community center for women (Jordan).
- Cairo Jazz Festival (Egypt) received a grant to invite Oum El Ghaït Bensahraoui “Oum” (Morocco) and band from Casablanca and Paris to Cairo to present a music performance in the next festival’s edition.
- Abdullah Al-Kafri (Syria) received a grant to support the travel of four groups from Syria, Morocco, Tunis and Lebanon to participate and perform in the Agora Forum for performing arts in cooperation with The Cultural Cooperative Association for Youth in Theatre and Cinema “Shams” (Lebanon).
- Marrakech International Contemporary Dance Festival (Morocco) received a grant to invite the team of “Maktoub” performance from Marseille and Lyon to perform it in the next festival’s edition.
- Mohamed Omran (Syria) received a grant to support the travel of two artists from Lyon to Beirut to implement a sculptural project in collaboration with the Art Residence Aley (Lebanon).
- Hamza Kenawy (Egypt) received a grant to support his travel from Dubai to Rabat to hold a poetry reading night in the memorial of the poet Ahmed Fouad Negm organized by the Moroccan house of poetry (Morocco).
- Oussama Ghanam (Syria) received a grant to support the travel of nine troop members from Beirut, Damascus and Moscow to Cairo to present a theater performance in the next Downtown Contemporary Arts Festival “D-Caf” edition (Egypt).
Scroll To Top