Mawa3eed: A program for supporting cultural and artistic exchange in the Arab region
Results of the 2009 Mawa3eed Program
The winners of Mawa3eed Program in 2009 are:
- Festival de Fès de la Culture Soufie (Morocco) : received a travel grant to support the traveling of 6 musicians from Tunisia, Syria and France to Morocco to participate in the Festival de Fès de la Culture Soufie during April 2009.
- Ressala Band (Egypt): received a travel grant from Egypt to Lebanon to participate in a workshop with Mashrouu Leila band organized by Ikaa’.
- Nameer Abdel Meseeh (Egypt): received a travel grant to travel from France to Egypt and ship filming equipment to Egypt to shoot his film “Going Back to Egypt” during July 2009.
- Eka3: received a travel grant to support the travel of Aziz Maraka and Razz band (Jordan) and Mashrou3 Leila project ( Lebanon) to present a number of concerts in Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt during August and September 2009.
- Mariam Bousselmi: received a travel grant from Tunisia to Lebanon to work in the play “Mashy Online” with the Lebanese director Kholoud Naser during August 2009.
- Bethlehem University: received a travel grant to support the travel of the university theatre troupe from Palestine to Tunisia to present “Wajeh w Laken” play in the Tunisia International University Theatre Festival during August 2009.
- Mohamed Kamal Hasan: received a travel grant from Cairo to Algeria to work on his book “Shoft beiny” during July 2009.