Mawa3eed: A program for supporting cultural and artistic exchange in the Arab region
Results of the 2011 Mawa3eed Program
March 2011 Grantees:
- -The Popular Theatre Society for Performing Arts & Training (Palestine) received a grant to travel from Ramallah to Jordon to perform 2 plays in the 6th International Festival of Liberal Theatre.
- – Aseel Music Group received a grant to travel from Egypt, Turkey and Lebanon to Morocco to participate in a concert during the Fès Festival of Sufi Culture.
- -New El Hakawati Theatre Company (Palestine) received a grant to travel from Ramallah to Lebanon to perform 3 plays at El Madina Theatre in Beirut.
- -Mohamed Siam (Egypt) received a grant to finance his travel expenses to Morocco twice to research his film project at Cinèmatheque de Tanger and to make a short movie as part of a bigger project of making a movie on the Revolutions of the Arab world.
- -Rafiq El Emrani (Tunisia) received a grant to travel with his crew from Tunisia to Egypt through Libya to take footage of the Revolution in the three countries for a photography exhibition and documentary movie.
June 2011 Grantees:
- -Arab Digital Expression Foundation (Egypt) received a grant to invite 12 teenagers from Palestine, Jordon, Syria, Lebanon & Tunisia to partake in the 5th camp of Digital Expression held at Ismailia, Egypt.
September 2011 Grantees:
- -National Week for Films Festival (Mauritania) received a grant to invite 3 people from different Arab countries to attend the festival scheduled to take place in October 2011 at Nouakchott in Mauritania and partake in the festival’s workshops.
- -The National Tunisian Theatre group (Tunisia) received a grant to travel from Tunisia to Alexandria to perform a play at the Creative Forum for Independent Theatre Groups scheduled to take place in December 2011.
- -The National Palestinian Theatre group El Hakawati (Palestine) received a grant to travel from Jerusalem to Beirut to perform plays in Beirut and at the Palestinian Camps in Lebanon.
- -Cairo Jazz Festival (Egypt) received a grant to invite Itar Shameh group from Damascus to perform a concert within the festival scheduled to take place in Cairo in March 2012.
December 2011 Grantees:
- – Leyya Al Tawil, Syrian – Palestinian contemporary dancer received a grant to travel to Cairo and to the West Bank to perform her new contemporary dance piece “Thieves”.
- – Mohamed Siraj – Moroccan artist received a grant to travel to Tunisia to give a puppet making workshop in Safakes Children Book Fair.
- – Downtown Contemporary Arts Festival (D-CAF) received a grant to invite 4 Arab groups from Lebanon, Tunisia and Morocco to perform their shows Aegri somnia, DubStep, The Middle Beast, Dubosmium in the upcoming festival round in March 2012.
- -Modern Tawshih Group received a grant to go on concert tour from Damascus to Beirut, Cairo and Amman.