The Results of the 2005 Production Awards Program
for Young Arab Artists & Writers
The results of the 2005 Production Awards Program for Young Arab Artists & Writers was announced on the 3rd of January 2006.
Culture Resource received around 90 applications ever since this year’s awards program had been announced on the 4th of April 2005. The deadline for receiving applications was end of September 2005. The artistic board of Culture Resource put together a jury of highly esteemed artists and academics from all over the Arab world, to evaluate the awards applications. In the field of literature the jury were Alaa El Deeb, Fadhil Al Azzawy & Abbas Baydoun; in the field of Theatre the jury were Roger Assaf, Rajaa Ben Ammar & Marie Elias; in music Andre Hajj, Sakhr Hattar & Khaled Jubran; in Cinema and Video production Mohamed Makhlouf, Samy Hossam & May Masry; and finally in visual arts the jury were Mahmoud El Obaidi, Aliaa EL Gereidy & Mona Al Atassi.
Based on the jury’s evaluation, the following applicants were chosen:
- Sahar Durgham – Egypt – Received an award for an installation art project
- Mohamed Joha – Palestine – Received an award for a visual art project
- Adania Shibli – Palestine – Received an award for the research & preparation phase of writing a novel
- Baheya Boukrouh – Algeria – Received an award for making a short movie
- Hany Bedeir (Eftekasat music group) – Egypt – Received an award for making their first music album
- Lena Chamamian – Syria – Received an award for making a music album
- Laila Soliman – Egypt – Received an award for producing a theatre play
- Khaled Zaki – Egypt – Received an award for producing a theatre play
- Kholoud Nasser – Lebanon- Received an award for producing a theatre play